Google Analytics

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trash to Treasures Wednesday– Storage Seating


We always need more seating and we ALWAYS need more storage. Today we are going to get both for no cost.
I was working on a basement family room job for a large family who hold large family gatherings. Enough seating was always a problem so while completing the fireplace make over I thought storage seating on both sides of the fireplace would be a perfect solution.
I need to build more storage seating but don’t want to go over the budget. No problem. There was an upstairs closet that had shelves from top to bottom in it that had to go as I had other plans for that closet.
I tore out all of the wood shelving, pulled all the nails, primed and painted them.  I also had two maple shelves that came out of an armoire from my own stash. I built a frame for each side of the fireplace from scrap two by fours and cut and attached the wood planks to it. I then cut planks to fit part of the top of the bench that was not going to open and attached to two maple shelves with hinges.
After the paint dried, I finished it off with some throw pillows leaving this family room with extra seating and storage on both sides of the fireplace creating an inviting and cozy area to gather with friends and family.
See Decorating Thursday 6/30/2011 to see the fireplace make over if you missed it. Then go to my website www.reutershomedesigns.com to see before and after pictures.
Next Wednesday: Come back to see what I did with the closet where I got the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment