Google Analytics

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Decorating Thursday – Closet Organizing

I am one of those people who’s an absolute freak about organization. I like having a place for everything and keeping it there. I like the feeling of knowing where everything is and can locate it at a moment’s notice.
I have found that the best way to keep my closet organized is to use as few drawers as possible. Using drawers makes it hard to find what you’re looking for and practically insures wrinkled clothes. I use two to four drawers (per person) at the most for socks, undergarments, night gowns/pajamas and belts. Tops, shorts, pants and sweaters/sweatshirts are all folded and put in opened cubes. Shoes are on shelves across the bottom. Skirts, dresses/gowns, suits and blouses are hung. Top shelf of closet is left for purses and hats
This system eliminates the need for dressers in the bedroom leaving more space for other necessary furniture and doesn’t have to be the expensive closet units you see in home design stores. I’ve used drawer/cube and shelf units that you assemble and connect together purchased in discount department stores that look beautiful and give the room and closet a high end look.
You could also use one of the few drawers you have for drawer organizers to keep jewelry out of the way and in a safe place.
See pictures of closets in homes I’ve designed on my website at www.reutershomedesigns.com
Next Decorating Thursday: Jewelry organizing

No comments:

Post a Comment